The Boys

Yiithla 18, in the year of the triplet princesses' return to Leslan

Cole and his brothers are definitely the greatest source of entertainment at the present time. Of course, Corinath and Enrayus aren't technically Cole's brothers, but they might as well be.

The three reasons I'm acting friendly to Cole and Cole only-

1. He's easy to get along with.

2. It's easier for me to find similarities with boys. I suppose that I was the most like my father.

3. Enrayus is too solemn and book-ish for my liking. And Corinath seems very distant and somewhat moody, like he doesn't wish to be here.


I feel like I should be fantastic friends with all three, we've been through so much together. Traveling through time and space from England to Leslan is no picnic, after all. But Enrayus is too serious to appreciate my prankster ways. Corinath- well, I'll get to him later. Cole is the only boy who isn't constantly talking about some stupid prophecy, which is a plus. But he isn't a natural trouble-maker, so I don't have much to relate to with him.


About Corinath. In a word- 'absolute perfection'. Wait, that's two words. Oh well. I've never had a crush on a boy before, which makes Courtney assume that I'm mentally insecure. Lately, I've begun to agree with her. My cheeks flush whenever he looks at me, I work extra hard to be pleasant when he's around, and I've taken to referring to him as Cori in my mind, although he is known as Corinath to everyone. I am disgusted with myself!!


More on Cole-

He's an artist. How did I learn that? I was sitting beneath a tree with this journal, trying to draw portraits of the Boys and my sisters and I, and failing miserably. Cole sits down, looks at the pages of scribbles, and takes the journal and pencil from my hands. In a matter of minutes, my head is drawn beautifully on the page. I sat, astounded, as he placed the book on my lap and said "There you go! No offense, but that didn't look anything like- well, a face." Ah, memories.


The light is fading, so I bid these pages a good night.

No comments: